Happy Holidays folks!
Yule is quickly approaching! In honor of the upcoming holiday, and the others that everyone in the office is celebrating, I whipped together my very first batch of homemade, from scratch, unprocessed brownies. Prepare yourselves… This is one tasty (and easy) recipe.
- 1/3 cup unprocessed organic baking chocolate chunks (the ingredients should just read unsweetened chocolate)
- 1/2 cup organic unprocessed butter (ingredients should just read cream)
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 1 t. organic vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raw sugar (I used turbinado) – if your raw sugar is corse I suggest pulsing it in a coffee grinder or food processor until a little finer
- 1/2 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 1/4 t. baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. In a bread loaf pan (key to this recipe) butter and flour the pan to prevent sticking.
In a saucepan heat butter on low heat. Once melted add sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract, then stir. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Once melted add whole wheat flour, sea salt, and baking powder. Stir until mixed. Pour mixture into loaf pan. Bake 20-25 minutes.